Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Trouble with Tourists.





Hello, my name is Patrick. I am by no means an expert traveler. I have traveled often and relatively far, but I still have much to learn. I do, however, enjoy paying attention to detail, and finding ways to live my life more efficiently. At this point, I figured I would share some of my findings with my fellow travelers, as traveling is one of most time consuming and usually overwhelming activities we get ourselves into.
One of my pet peeves is being considered a tourist. I hate it. I refuse to ever stoop to that level. I am sickened by the loud, obnoxious, shutter happy, poorly dressed, social invaders that plague most famous sights in the world. Now I’m not judging everyone. Just some people. The people who don’t have respect for the homes and cities of others. Those who are only looking out for themselves and disregard any kind of laws or rules to put in place for their protection and the protection of others. There is a human standard that is being broken here, and it’s sure time it was fixed.
I just recently got back from Europe, but that doesn't mean that our troublesome tourists are not among us as we speak. They loiter and wander in our very own towns and local establishments, feeding into the vicious love-hate relationship between the tourist’s pocketbook and the local business owner’s income statement. Have you ever stopped to think that you may be one of those people? This may be you. You may be guilty. You can still repent. You too can travel and remain invisible to the wonders of the world. 

Whether it was from online resources, people I met, or just good ‘ol trial and error, I hope to share with you all the tips and tricks that I have learned, so that you can have the best travel experience possible. 



-P


No comments:

Post a Comment